About Me

My photo
I'm 28. I work for a non-profit that is devoted to giving children with disabilities all the opportunities thier non-disabled peers enjoy.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Venues We Considered- Part 1

The first venue we looked at was the Granite Rose in Hampstead, NH.

                         

How gorgeous is this room?
P

                        First dance


                                A nighttime view
P
                                


The ceremony site.
P

 
The staff there is very nice and were quick to answer any and all questions whether by email or phone.

We have not fully crossed them off our list but I don't think it will really work with our theme.

With that said, the Granite Rose is gorgeous and I would recommend at least looking at it to local brides.

Pros
-Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. (Oh and the walls in one of the rooms are pink!)
-Incredibly nice and helpful staff
-I have seen amazing photos taken here.
-Everything is packaged-linens, entree, cocktail hour, flowers, cake and they are all from vendors I really liked.

Cons
-Two weddings at a time! Even though they are seperate rooms and seperate gardens for the ceremony, I want my guests to feel like my wedding is the only wedding in the world that day (selfish, you bet!)
-Everything is packaged. If you did not like one of the vendors, I think you were stuck
-The food options, while plentiful, were not very flexible.

Bottom Line-Evening wedding for 100 guest with one hour of open bar would have run us about $12,000 (which is exactly what we are looking to spend on the reception) including upgrades for fancy linens and chivari chairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment